Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I remember last year being given the assignment to make a book that wasn't a book. It couldn't have pages or tradition binding or words or images, but still had to be a "book". Ever since then I have come to appreciate the book less as something that has to be read and more as an actual object itself; either as the form being more important than the content or it being a sort of canvas for other things rather than a traditional story.
I was considering making my book about sound. My first thought was to use watercolors and ink to somehow illustrate sound, not so much an actual illustration but the forms would show the volume and type of sound. I always think analog first when i think of making books, so i'm not really sure yet how to incorporate digital into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment